Senior Care Services
Helping you stay in your home longer
According to the AARP nearly 90% of older adults want to age-in-place and maintain independence.
But here’s the problem: 85% of older adults have done NOTHING to prepare their homes for aging.
Fall Prevention is a Serious Issue as We Age:
- 1 in 3 adults over age 65 falls each year and 50% of those over 80
- Falls are the leading cause of death due to injury for those over 65
- Falls cause serious injury, such as hip fractures and head trauma
- Falls account for 25% of ALL hospital admissions
- Falls account for 40% of nursing home admissions
- Of those who survive a fall, 50% never regain their independence
Things You Can Do to Reduce Your Fall Risk:
- Begin a regular exercise program.
- Review your medicines regularly.
- Have your vision checked annually.
- Make your home environment safer.
- Wear sturdy, nonskid shoes at all times.
Senior Home Assessment
What To Expect
Typically an assessment takes approximately 60-90 minutes. It’s always best if you or a family member can accompany the Advisor on the home safety assessment, as you or they can ask questions about specific safety items as they come up.schedule assesment now
The 240-point Comprehensive Home Safety Assessment is performed by a trained advisor and includes the exterior of the home, all entry areas, every room including bathrooms, bedrooms, laundry room, garage, basement, kitchen and dining room, lighting evaluation, fire safety and electrical safety.
Afterwards a complete summary is prepared with recommendations for fall prevention and home safety. If necessary modifications are suggested, the advisor is able to have an estimate put together and sent to you.
Senior Home Modifications
After the home assessment, we are able to go over the assessment with you and perform the recommended updates to your home.
Research by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that home modifications and repairs may prevent up to 50% of home accidents among seniors, including falls that take place in older homes.schedule modifications now
- Mow Grass
- Trash to Curb
- Clean Gutters
- Clean Porches/Patios/Driveways/Walkways
- Landscape Services
- Change Bedding
- Watching For Changing Conditions of Seniors
- Assess Home Weekly for Safety Issues
- Peace of Mind for Family
- Maintaining Independence
Check-In service: ($250-$550 a month). We also offer a Personal Emergency Response System. Contact us for more information.